Monday, November 7, 2022

November 5th, 2022

 Most Hoosiers who read a ton growing up will recognize today’s quote. Today I was either going to tell a Berghoff story from 1991 or bitch and moan about changing the clocks tonight.

Stay tuned for the mustard packet at the Stand Up Bar story for later this weekend. Change your clocks and enter a couple months of darkness and know spring always arrives.
As far as the Kurt Vonnegut quote… love is everywhere around us.
It’s at a pancake house or at the grocery store. It’s at the White Hen or the guard’s desk at work. You can find love when you say hello to the neighbor walking down the street or in the wave from the Jeep that let you cut ahead.
Love isn’t romance…. Love is everyday and everyone. It is every person that you run into today, except an ex spouse. They had their chance.
I call mine JumboLove and I spread it on both sides of the sandwich. I give it up to anyone who crosses my path… because I’m out of here in the 2050’s and I want to leave a good mark.
If I can get out of here with just an ex wife, a mean lady from Saint Cletus and a few guys from the ten year pit hating me, I did alright!
So go tie down your garbage can lid, it’s windy. Buy a lottery ticket, it’s huge. Finish binging season two of “Ted Lasso” and put some flavor in the crockpot… if you’re a member of the Indy Impalas rugby club I hope your trip down “The 65” is a sad one. If you have someone that likes pizza and sex, keep them around and if your order is wrong at the restaurant tonight… be kind!