Tuesday, November 15, 2022

November 11th, 2022

 Yesterday I went into work with short sleeves, today I grabbed a wool sweater. We’ve been fortunate to have a spectacular Autumn in Chicagoland this year.

I’m a man of few words on this Remembrance Day, Veterans Day, Armistice. I do know this… I’m sitting here eating a peanut butter and jelly, drinking a cup of tea because men and women fought for me.
Thank you.
“Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch.” read Flanders Field.
We must always keep the torch lit for those who are gone and for future generations not yet conceived.
It’s the middle of November already. Start stretching because two weeks from today some of us old boys will have sore muscles and extended tummy’s.
I’m itching to turn on a Christmas Carol and slurp the first cup of JumboNog…
Have a Glorious Friday and a peaceful weekend.