Monday, November 7, 2022

November 3rd, 2022

 I’m in a funk… it’s early November and instead of the early appearance of hat and gloves, I went to work in short sleeves. I rolled the windows down on Betty the Green Blazer.

I know there are Christmas Carols playing on 93.9 already. I love Christmas Carols, but not on All Saints day with a bottle of beer and short pants.
I want my Christmas Carols with a mug of JumboNog and my wool sweater. So I’m holding out on changing Betty’s presets until Thanksgiving weekend.
It is National Sandwich Day.
I can name a dozen sandwiches that I love, but I’m going to narrow it down to two sandwiches that I’ll go out of my way for….
The Ricobenes Steak sandwich. A gorgeous clash of red gravy, breaded steak, crusty bread, giardiniera and mozzarella. This sandwich is so good Anthony Bourdain featured it on a show he did in Chicago.
The pork tenderloin found in small towns across Indiana, Illinois and Iowa. A pounded out piece of pork that can be as big as a frisbee. The breaded pork always hang outside of the bun wherever you go. Topped with tomato, pickles, lettuce and mayonnaise. Real simple, but always an adventure in taste and found in taverns and diners that have been around since before prohibition.
Wherever you get your sandwich today make sure you can eat it outside. Next week won’t be warm and the sun sets before dinner.