Monday, May 20, 2024

May 18th, 2024

 I decided to take a walk along the river before I put today’s Morning Chalkboard together.

The birds were all in good form this morning with their sunrise serenade. I must have seen twenty deer along the way, a couple geese and some ducks.
I ran across an older man grizzled by time wearing a Knights Templar shirt. Of all things… no joggers wearing Michigan State sweatshirts or Cubs hats. My morning walk came across a man with a Santa beard emblazed with the Saint George cross on his chest.
He said good morning and I replied back, “Good morning sir, are you a member of Knights Templar?”
He said he was and asked me if I was as well. I told him I wasn’t, but I do believe it is time for a crusade.
He joyfully replied, “Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!” as he continued walking in the opposite direction.
I immediately had to play some Leonard Cohen as I walked away from King Arthur.
The sun came across Riverside and the sky opened up the morning with a clear blue presence. The spring flowers, wet grass and newly formed leaves all gave off a bright fragrance that filled the morning breeze eloquently.
Time to put my typewriter back on the shelf and get this day started. Betty needs gas, George needs eggs and Jumbo needs love.
Big day in Speedway, Indiana as the drivers set out to build the grid of thirty-three.
Look at the smile on that sun! Get out there and get ready for the start of Summer. Enjoy the crunch of cicadas on the sidewalk.