Monday, May 20, 2024

May 14th, 2024

 Last night I fell asleep with the jazz station playing on my nightstand radio. Usually I have classical music playing during the work week. Last night I was listening to the Monday night Irish music program on WDCB. I didn’t change stations before I went off to dreamland.

That’s right, you read it correctly. I didn’t change stations, old school baby!
Instead of slumbering with Chopin and Beethoven, I was fidgeting to Lee Morgan and John Coltrane. It was definitely a different kind of sleep on a Monday night.
David Sanborn died yesterday, so the overnight DJ played a ton of Sanborn’s music throughout the night.
It is going to be a cooler day with rain off and on. A good morning for a cup of coffee, a newspaper and music in the background.
Tuesday morning, always a good day for a daydream.