Monday, May 20, 2024

May 12th, 2024

 I just realized that I didn’t mention that today is Mother’s Day in the grabber section. Instead I put an NBA matchup between my Indiana Pacers and the dreaded New York Knickerbockers. The game is at 2:30 central/3:30pm eastern by the way.

Maybe I skipped the shoutout for this glorious day because I haven’t celebrated it with much gusto for eight years.
My mom is in heaven, my gramma is in heaven and all the ladies that took on the role of mothering me are all in heaven as well.
Except for one….
My mother in law and I’m not even married to her daughter anymore.
How crazy is it that we live in a world where two ninety year old assclowns are running for the presidency. Rappers are white, golfers are black, women’s college basketball has become popular, protesters are being paid, billions of bugs are scheduled to ruin the beginning of summer and John Shepley has a good relationship with his mother in law.
The Shepkids and I spent all day yesterday getting out umbrellas and cushions for the patio furniture. We put the statues of dogs, rabbits, angels and flying pigs out in the yard. Making sure they were right where their PopPop liked seeing them.
…… and we filled flower pots!
But the biggest accomplishment of the day was watching my kids bond with their last living grandparent. Helping them make a fond memory of being with JoJo on a gorgeous spring Saturday.
I think JoJo had a pretty decent day having the Shepkids bring their circus to town. The three of them filled her home with the chaotic love that fills a heart with joy.
Today the Shepkids are going to get together again with JoJo and their MomMom and I’ll be watching the Pacers game peacefully by myself. Happy Mother’s Day to me… let’s go Blue and Gold!
All you Chalkheads out there that are Mommies…
…you are remarkable people!
From the moment that egg exploded with life, through rearing and raising, frustration and glory, defeat and victory, kindergarten cupcakes to prom pictures, from dropping post pregnancy pounds to the hot flashes in the empty nest.
Girls….. you fucking rock!
And like the bumper sticker on Betty the Green Blazer says proudly….
…. I Love Hot Moms!
Happy Mother’s Day......