Monday, May 20, 2024

May 11th, 2024

 Today is National Train Day. Growing up in a railroad family pretty much makes this a holiday. I’ve Been chasing steam locomotives my whole life. My dad and I drove one across Iowa for a couple hundred miles when I was nineteen.

He pulled a couple favors and the crew let him run it and I got to shovel coal into the firebox. I think it was the happiest I ever saw my dad and for me it was an experience of a lifetime.
My dad built Choo Choo’s, his dad built them and his grandfather was a station manager in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
If there are steam locomotives in heaven… my dad is in one.
It’s going to be a great day. I woke up to a lion’s roar and a cooing mourning dove. A cold breeze scooting across the top of the blankets and the sound of the newly installed leaves testing their strength against the wind.
You might see a selfie of me and a hotdog later today.
For today’s quote….
…don’t let the devil whisper in your ear that you’re a failure.
He’s a piece of shit cocksucker and that’s why he’s in hell.
If he tries … turn to him, look him in the eyes and tell him you’re going to do your damndest to fuck up his day.
Get out and make dreams come true, be kind and spread love in your wake…
….and go somewhere that makes you happy for lunch today!