Tuesday, June 4, 2024

June 4th, 2024


Yesterday on the Chalkboard, I chalked the word “faggity” in the opening paragraph. I used it to take a swipe at the incident involving the Pope and how he feels about the seminary.
The Pope is the most holy man in the Catholic faith, but he is still flawed by sin. Maybe a thesaurus could be shipped to the Vatican? Next time Pope Frank needs a descriptive word, he can grab the thesaurus next to his bible.
I speak in Chicagonese. I’m blunt and after decades on the trading floor, I don’t have time to tip toe around the tulips.
Another thing I was able to pick up on the trading floor is thick skin.
My mom took me to JCPenney until eighth grade and bought me Husky size pants. The Oldman started taking me to Karroll's Big and Tall when I became a freshman in high school.
Throughout the years I’ve been blessed with the Shepley Can. Being the bearer of a strong ass comes the occasional bullying and mockery.
The most common term thrown in my direction has been “Fat Fuck.”
Strangers have called me a “Fat Fuck.” Classmates have called me a “Fat Fuck.” Colleagues throughout the years have called me a “Fat Fuck.” My ex wife loves calling me a “Fat Fuck” and I’m sure there are still a couple guys left in my industry that refer to me as a “Fat Fuck.”
Another thing I learned on the trading floor was how to quickly comeback with a more hateful response. I have an arsenal of words that can slice a soul.
…but I don’t need them.
The response that I’ve learned that is the best is to laugh loud, smile big and continue through the day.
Anyone that calls me a “Fat Fuck” doesn’t really matter in my world. So I push them off my planet and continue my orbit.
Could I have used prissy or fruity rather than faggity yesterday?
Probably, but I didn’t and my writing style will always be blunt. Sometimes my chalk won’t taste very good, but it will never be used in a hateful context.
I appreciate the half dozen Chalkheads that pulled me to the side and asked for an explanation on my usage of the word “faggity.” After I explained the Pope Francis situation and how I was making a point in Chicagonese, they were satisfied.
We are our own protectors…
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”is a bullshit theory.
Our parents should have told us that we will be confronted by jagoffs in our lifetime. These assclown mother fuckers are going to go out of their way to hurt us.
These pricks are weak and lack confidence. Show them what strength and courage is all about.
The “Stick and Stones” deal might sound nice and poetic, but it isn’t very clear and never helped throughout my years of being called a “Fat Fuck!”
Be astonished, put a smile on the sun and don’t let mealy mouths ruin your Tuesday.