Monday, June 24, 2024

June 24th, 2024

 It has never gotten any easier.

Every other Sunday I have to ship the Shepkids back to the other side of Mannheim Road.
The first couple years, I would come home and start balling. These days, I have that lump in my throat and a heavy heart.
It isn’t as bad after the two redheads are gone because I still have Big George and he’s right on top of me…
“What’s for dinner?"
"What’s for dinner? Are you making something or did you get Culver’s?”
I always figured, as they got older, it would get easier, but it still sucks ass.
Enough with being melancholy on a Monday morning.
Speaking of sucking ass….
I made jalapeƱo poppers yesterday. I cored out six jalapeƱos and stuffed them with scallions, pepper jack cheese and a dash of siracha sauce.
I ate all six of them!
My big booty is going to be on fire today! GoldBond isn’t going to help, I’m going to need a shit ton of DudeWipes!
Happy Monday Chalkheads! You now know what is going on with my digestive system today.
At least I got to sleep in my own bed last night!
Many of you asked me to record my singing to Betty the Green Blazer routine. I mentioned how I sing Hazel’s lullabies to Betty when we drive out to the OakBrook Terrace Board of Trade.
Let me see how Betty is feeling and maybe we can arrange that for your Monday morning entertainment.
Like I said, it is Monday morning. It is the final week of June. Last week had the longest day of the year and a full moon. How do we top that?
Take your shadow for a walk and spread kindness…
… and enjoy that we survived the Great Cicada invasion of 2024.