Saturday, June 29, 2024

June 29th, 2024

 The last weekend of June has arrived.

I don’t know if this makes sense. Autumn is my favorite season, but June is my favorite month.
June of 2024 didn’t have much going on, besides the rise and fall of the Great Cicada Invasion.
I didn’t go to a White Sox game. No trips to the pool with the Shepkids. No dates with any hot mommies or big parties with friends.
I basically went to work and fed George.
June of 2024 was low key and that is alright with me.
I’m going to head into July with the plan of spreading JumboLove wherever I go.
I’ll try and set good examples for my offsprings. I’ll go to work everyday and bust ass for my trading firm. I’ll try hard to be a considerate ex-husband. Give that helping hand to my mother-in-law when she needs it. Yeah, I have a mother-in-law. I got to keep her in the divorce.
I’m going to be a supportive fan for my friends. Pray for them when they need it. Move a couch for them if they ask. Buy them an Old Style when they walk into the tavern and give them a hug if they are feeling shitty.
Speaking of praying…
…I did a shit ton of praying in June.
I have a high school classmate that is going through a serious bout with cancer. I had a colleague that had his gallbladder removed. Another colleague that had a heart attack just a couple days after we played golf together. A cousin with a dad in a nursing home. Two cousins that don’t talk to each other. I’ve got friends with kids that are away in the military. Friends with parents that are terminally ill. People that I love going through crappy days.
The list goes on and as long as there is a list…
…my big ass will be down on my knees every morning while most Chalkheads are still nighty night.
Time to get this last Saturday of June rolling. Time to prepare for all of this JumboLove that I gots to be giving in July.
Go be astonished all you Chalkheads!
Put some meat on the grill and some love between the sheets!