Tuesday, June 18, 2024

June 18th, 2024

 Six months from now it will be dark at four o’clock in the afternoon and brutally cold. Think about that later today and please…. No photographs of the thermometer in your Subaru!

I woke up from a dream….
….I was riding on the Congress L heading to Oak Park from the city. All I was wearing was a swimsuit and a girl had her hand on my booty. A friend of my dad’s was on the train and I was worried that he will tell my dad that I didn’t have a shirt on.
That is how my Tuesday is getting started. Before someone asks, I had some tortilla chips and guacamole for dinner. No booze… Sun tea with a splash of Costco lemonade.
There was also a song playing on the train. Today’s quote comes from that song. When you figure out the song, you’ll realize how intense the dream really was.
I remember a Saturday morning when it was already eighty-four degrees at seven in the morning.
The Oldman wanted to go down to Maxwell Street to find a birthday present for my step-mother. Real romantic fucking guy.
I can’t remember what Old Romeo ended up getting for his wife, but I remember the Maxwell Street Polish for breakfast was incredible.
I ended up buying a Paul Butterfield cassette and a velvet Jimi Hendrix picture.
The guy buying a birthday present for his wife told me that I was wasting my money?!?!
I ended up getting introduced to a new blues musician that day and Mr. “Chinese Pots and Pans” was calling me out for wasting money!
I beat the shit out of that tape and ended up throwing the framed picture of Hendrix out when I moved into an apartment with Amy Weaver.
Amy ended up making me frame a poster from the 1989 Blues Fest. I still have it hanging over my stereo to this day.
I sure miss the Maxwell Street market and live Chicago Blues on a hot weekend morning. I don’t know if that was when America was supposedly great.
It was great for me!
Powder up Chalkheads, it’s going to be a hot somabitch again today.