Thursday, June 13, 2024

June 12th, 2024

 I was watching a show last night and in it Jesus kissed someone on the forehead. I got to thinking about when I die and go to heaven.

Who do I want to kiss my forehead first? My dad or Jesus?
The answer for me is easy.
I was also watching a baseball game last night, the Boston Red Sox versus the Philadelphia Phillies. Probably the first ballgame that I’ve enjoyed watching this season. I give two shits for either team, so I was able to watch the mechanics of the game without getting all worked up.
This made me think of seventeen guys I’d like to round up Saturday morning and get a pick up game with. I was selecting an all-star team of kids that I played baseball with throughout my youth.
That was what I get when surfing between a baseball game on television and “The Chosen.”
Someday when the time comes that I take my last breath and I go to eternal rest…
… I’m going to find a mitt, get my buddies together and find a sandlot. Then the John Shepley All-Stars are going to play a bunch of guys that Babe Ruth put together.
My boys will obviously kick the living shit out of the Yankee All-Stars. Then after the victory my dad is going to walk over and kiss my forehead.
That is my first day in heaven in a nutshell.
Does anyone want to get together for a catch this summer?
Maybe a whiffle ball game in the park?
That is the goal that I want to accomplish this summer. Get my mitt out and play some catch or put some ghost runners on the corners and whack a plastic ball fifteen feet.
It’s Humpday! It’s Riverside Farmers' Market Day and it is another day full of possibilities.
Go move your tight shadow down the sidewalk and be astonished.