Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 19th, 2023

 Today is National Hot Dog Day.

I love hotdogs….
From the day my mommy cut them up and put them on a plate with ketchup. I’d plop in front of the television and watch Bozo on Channel Nine.
I like them with chili.
I like them with with sauerkraut.
I like them with coleslaw.
I like them dragged through the garden.
I like them with French fries.
If I’m having a bad day I’ll go to a hot dog stand and get a Chicago dog. Suddenly that bad day doesn’t seem so bad anymore.
Go find your favorite Mom and Pop shop today and treat yourself to a tube of lips and assholes. Sit on the hood of your car or on your tailgate and enjoy God’s favorite meal.
My favorite hotdog stands are Parky’s on Harlem and Madison in Forest Park. Pete’s on Ridgeland and Roosevelt in Oak Park and Little Joe’s on Plainfield Road in Countryside just east of Mannheim Road.
Of course I love a depression dog from Gene and Jude’s up River Road.
I’ll always stop at 35th Street Dogs just west of Sox Park before a ballgame.
Jim’s Original has a good dog, but I go there for the Maxwell Street Polish.
I don’t go to Weiner Circle… that’s not for me and the Superdawg way up north is….way up North!
All the best hot dog stands are on the west and Southside of town. My humble opinion.
I don’t care if you are in Iowa City, Noblesville, Nashville, Iberville, Savananna, Austin, Brooklyn or Cincinnati.
Even if you are in Cornwall, London or Huddersfield…. It is important that you enjoy the simplicity of a meal featuring a hotdog. I don’t care how you decorate that gorgeous gift of gastrological beauty.
Just do yourself a favor and get as close to heaven as earth will allow.
Have a hotdog at some point today.
One of the first things I’ll do when I get to heaven is find the closest hotdog stand.
Happy Humpday Chalkheads… it’s okay today to drip mustard on your shirt.