Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 12th, 2023

 Lightning struck down the block at 3:42am this morning. It was a loud explosion and I was surprised the power didn’t go out. It hit close to home.

Power didn’t go out, but it woke up my little baby boy. Before I knew it my little Georgie was lying next to me in bed. He isn’t ascared to get on the Lake Street el by himself, but a little lightning and thunder ascareded my little baby boy.
We laid in bed for about ten minutes and talked about ice cream cones. Then before I knew it I’m making the big son of a bitch breakfast.
I started my day with my oldest son’s head on my shoulder talking about a trip to Margie’s when he was four. if you’ve never been, I suggest you go. Located in Bucktown at Armitage and Western. It is a Chicago classic.
George gave me a hug before I handed him a plate of scrambled eggs and he told me that he loves me.
Well worth the price of admission to start out a Humpday.
Listed are my three favorite joints for an ice cream. What is your go to ice cream place?