Wednesday, August 28, 2024

August 27th, 2024

 I posted the first Morning Chalkboard on this day in 2017. It was about five weeks after I separated from my wife. Here we are seven years and almost 2,200 Chalkboards later.

I hung the “blackboard” in my kitchen so there was some familiarity between mom’s house and dad’s new three flat. I didn’t think it would turn out to be what it is today.
Four hundred to five hundred people go to the blog everyday.
What became something of a daily therapeutic exercise for me every morning has become a daily ritual for many people.
The biggest joy that I receive is when someone thanks me for something I wrote. Maybe I stoked a memory or said something helpful and supportive.
I’m going to keep on chalking about a divorced dad raising Shepkids, working on a trading floor, driving Betty the Green Blazer and chasing hot moms.
Maybe someday all of these Chalkboards will be on a coffee table, but until that day…
…put a smile on the sun, take time to watch shit do stuff (smell the flowers), be kind and always be astonished.