Monday, August 26, 2024

August 25th, 2024

 Just before 4:44am, I was making breakfast in a big bright kitchen for the Shepkids. In walks in with two bags of groceries and a big smile on her face, the Shepkids mom.

I need to get the dream dictionary out for this one. At least I woke up on an Angel Number.
Yeah, I know… I keep harping about these Angel Numbers, but without them, I’d probably wallow in the banks of grief.
I put down two holidays in the grabber section that I haven’t spent much time celebrating recently.
Halloween went from getting all worked up finding a costume and going to a Halloween party to dragging kids door to door for trick or treating. I don’t drag kids around anymore, so maybe it’s time to find a costume.
It’s been so long, I’m not sure what to do? Every Labor Day weekend those Spirit costumes joints open up in vacant Kmarts, but I need a big and tall costume shop.
We used to have Razzle Dazzle costumes in Oak Park, but they closed around the turn of the century. My Oldman always went to a guy named Omar the tentmaker for his suits, but Omar moved to Michigan.
New Year’s Eve is out of the question, I go to bed by 9:00pm every night.
I’m all over the place this morning, but I just realized how much I miss the Jerry Lewis Telethon. This time of the year throughout the seventies and into the nineties, I’d try and stay up all night and watch Jerry make money for muscular dystrophy. If you want to make America great again, bring back the Jerry Lewis Telethon.
Dreams, Angel Numbers, The Great Pumpkin, Auld Lang Syne and dancing ponies spinning plates at 1:45 in the morning… we covered it all on today’s Morning Chalkboard.
I gotta put lotion on my cicada mite bites and dust the nooks and crannies with GoldBond. Maybe I can go back to sleep and have Farrah Fawcett help me with this application process? I won’t need the dream dictionary for that one.
Anyway…. It’s the last week of August and it’s gonna be a hot one.
Don’t sweat it.
Pretend you are a solar panel absorbing energy that will get you through the long snowy path of winter.
It’s a great day for a growler of BuckleDown and a sandwich from Alpine.
Be astonished