Saturday, August 24, 2024

August 24th, 2024

 Yesterday I read a story about the “Cockroach Theory.”

It told the story of two people freaking out at the sight of a cockroach at their restaurant table. When the waiter approached the situation, he remained calm and removed the cockroach from the scene.
The waiter handled the unwanted bug without creating any chaos. The server didn’t react like the diners did, he responded.
And that is what I need to learn to do mo betta in my last twenty-five to thirty years.
It isn’t the traffic jams or long red lights that disturb me. It is how I handle those fucking traffic jams and gosh damn red lights.
I need to learn to respond and not react, because it is the reaction that brings bedlam into my world.
Today is a designated Chalkboard holiday. It is Mr. Wetterer’s heavenly birthday, officially known on the Morning Chalkboard as “applesauce and chocolate pudding” Day.
Fellow Chalkhead, Bridget K. Wetterer has the memory of feeding her Daddy applesauce and chocolate pudding as he was preparing to go to heaven.
A Daddy and a Daughter bonding that would become one of their final memories together.
Chalkboard holidays are meant to make a Chalkheads day brighter. Chalkboard holidays are another way of putting the smile on the sun. Chalkboard holidays are meant to lessen grief and add joy to the Chalkhead’s heart.
If you want a Chalkhead holiday, text me a story that can develop your very personal day and I’ll chalk about it.
Bridg, make today full of happiness as you celebrate your dad’s birthday.
We are going into the last stretch of GoldBond application days. Soon our chests will be lathered with Vicks Vapor Rub, so enjoy one of the last heatwaves of the Summer of ‘24.
And besides being astonished today, be compassionate as well!