Friday, August 16, 2024

August 16th, 2024

 I think the deepest that I was ever in love with someone occurred eighteen years ago today.

It was also the day that I finally became a man… the day when I finally became a father.
On a Wednesday morning at 10:16 in 2006, I met George Edward Shepley.
We didn’t know if George was going to be a George or an Olivia. When the doctor brought our baby up for its first glimpse of the world, I yelled,
“The baby has a penis, YES, a penis, the baby has a penis…. It’s a boy!”
I probably could have just yelled out that it was a boy, but I needed to announce to the world that it had another penis instead.
For the last 6,585 days, I’ve watched this boy grow into a man. Many of you Chalkheads have already done this. So you know how great of a milestone today is.
Thanks for making me a man George. Being your father has been the greatest challenge given to me.
I Love You Boy……
Happy Friday morning… it’s going to be a rainy start that will turn sunny and humid.
So GoldBond up and spread happiness into your corner of the world.