Wednesday, August 21, 2024

August 18th, 2024

 I woke up feeling like ass yesterday. I went to take my temperature, but the battery was dead on the thermometer. I’m going to Walgreens this week and getting an old school glass thermometer. The one for under the tongue, not in the booty.

I rallied through breakfast and got the Shepkids over to my mother-in-laws house. They celebrated George’s birthday with his mom and I went home and took a nap.
I don’t get sick that often, but when I do, I moan for my mommy.
I still needed to get over to the grocery and pick up a few things.
I bought what I needed and put my groceries in the back of Betty the Green Blazer. There was a puddle between the back hatch and the drivers side door. So I walked around the passenger side and in front of Betty to get inside.
Laying on the parking lot was a dime. Sitting right there on the wet pavement in front of Betty. I’ve written in the past how my mom leaves me dimes from heaven. They always show up when I need her to hold my hand.
Now remember, I ended up walking around the front of the Blazer. If I tippy toed through the puddle, I wouldn’t have seen this dime.
Here we have another example of the mystery of our faith. My mom left me a dime in the grocery store parking lot on a day that I needed her.
I’ve never grieved the loss of my parents. I don’t need to.
I might not see them, but they routinely drift down from heaven and let me know that I’m loved.
Keep sending dimes Ma….
It’s Patrick Swayze Day today. My favorite Swayze movie is either “Next of Kin” or “The Outsiders.”
We are already in the back end of August.
I love that first Saturday when it’s perfect for a pair of shorts and a college sweatshirt. A spicy Bloody Mary, a juicy cheeseburger and an 11:30am Big10 football game.
The ‘Ber months are just a couple weeks away. GoldBond will be replaced by Vicks Vapor Rub as the days get shorter.
Go be astonished.