Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving Chalkboard

 I didn’t have to join AA or Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. I never needed a therapist or a trip to a retreat or spa.

I turned my shit around when I learned to count my blessings and see the Silver Lining.
My life has seen no tragedy….. just the regular bumps in the road and the ups and downs….. and I am Thankful!
Give me 30 more thanksgiving days and I’ll have had a fruitful life!
I’m thankful for all those that have reached out to make sure I’m in a happy place today.
From the Jews on the Northside, the Irish on the Southside, the blacks on the Westside and the Italians up the street.
That makes me think I’m doing something right and my parents can look down and see that I’m doing well.
So today…. Drink coffee and eat bacon…. Have a morning cocktail….. run on a field or pitch….. listen to music…. Smoke a cigar…. Eat well…. Laugh a lot….. hug a lot…. Take a nap…. Eat more, but whatever you do….. don’t watch a shitty football game or talk about politics!!!
Today is a day to be thankful and forget about all the bullshit that eventually needs a silver lining and to be counted as a blessing!