Tuesday, November 30, 2021

November 29th, 2021

 Over the weekend I discovered two people that I love dearly are not speaking to each other. A brother and sister. Two family members I’ve known for over fifty years.

I gave myself too much credit thinking I’d have this schism healed by Monday. It hasn’t been fixed.
Twenty Six days until Christmas! Just about four weeks. That’s not to far from now and it’s not guaranteed!
Hell, I’ve lost several dear people this year. They all hit the “Like” button daily on the Chalkboard.
They don’t hit the “Like” button anymore! They’re gone!
One of us could be gone before Santa’s journey on Christmas Eve!
Our time together is short as it is. Why do we shorten it even more over petty bullshit….. AND it’s usually PETTY!
Time is an expensive price to heal all wounds when love and family is in the equation.
I’m not the only one that has this happening in my life! Suck it up! Like Don Shepley always said, “Not many people in this world think your fucking special son!”
So if you’re not speaking to someone who is special in your life…. FIX IT! Tick tock tick tock tick tock……………….