Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 13th, 2021

 I think waking up and facing a dreary November day is going to be scary enough.

I like today’s quote. It has strong history behind it. Recently it was part of a theme by a Chicago newspaper columnist, turned into a essay, a song and used in graduation speeches.
Eleanor Roosevelt has been credited saying this on many occasions and it has early roots with Waldo, writer Ralphy Emerson.
It’s also Sadie Hawkins Day! A long tradition of when girls would ask boys to the school dance.
Looking back at Sadie Hawkins Day I remember it as an opportunity for the shy girls to shine and take pressure off the chubby boys, me. Everyone was a winner and included at that dance.
The feminist movement, the me too movement and the pride movement have changed the tradition and opened Sadie Hawkins to all sorts of combinations.
So go do something scary today! Well, don’t put yourself in danger and definitely don’t put ketchup on a hot dog!