Thursday, November 18, 2021

November 14th, 2021

 Most of the time I’ve bulldozed through life. Coffee tastes better and so does bacon when you slow down and enjoy Sunday morning.

I think when the kids get up I’m going to take them to the newsstand on Cermak. It’s time they learn the importance of buying the Sunday papers.
“I’ll take the Times and a Tribune please, Sundays final edition.”
Then they’ll need to learn how to Duke the paper guy a fin. Fold the paper and not
Let them blow away with the cold November winds.
A cold November wind took the Trib out of my grasp in 1979. My dad never used the term “Mother Fucker” often, but his face sure did as his Sunday paper blew across Oak Park Avenue just north of Cermak.
You know he had me chasing every piece of
It in traffic….
The difference between 1979 and 2021. If my paper blows across the cold intersection I’ll use the term mentioned above… followed by a “you gotta be shitting me!”
My dads papers cost a couple bucks and was bigger than the phone book! My papers cost five times as much and is thinner than Karen Carpenter!
Enjoy the middle of November as we gather our bounty and give thanks!
Enjoy the Full Moon on Friday!
Enjoy a Sunday without the frustration of mediocre football