Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 4th, 2021

 The thermometer on the old wall is saying twenty eight degrees at four o’clock… this just tells me how much more I’m going to enjoy that first cup of coffee.

When we moved out to Oakbrook Terrace last year I received a new keycard and a key to the crapper. A Key for the Crapper! That’s all I got when I left Chicago after five decades!
The keycard that got me through the turnstiles at the Chicago Board of Trade is a relic. It’s still in my wallet. It doesn’t work, but it’s still there.
Somewhere in my footlocker is the key to my 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Whatever is left of her has been sitting at Victory Auto since 1989. In it the smell of Maxwell Street Polish hopefully still lingers.
I’m running late for my shower and still need to make my bed, but before I know it we will be electing a new president and very soon the 2020’s will be retro…