Saturday, April 6, 2024

April 6th, 2024

 “How do you feel about yourself today?”

My dad asked me that question constantly. I never had a straight answer for him… never.
I didn’t know what the answer really was until years into this life deal. It took a shit ton of “falling downs” and luckily the same amount of “getting back ups” to finally figure out how I feel about myself.
Today’s quote has so many directions to take…. just like life does.
( I just erased four dip shit paragraphs….)
Just do you!
It is how you feel about yourself that is important. It is your faith that matters. Faith in yourself is just as important as any external belief in the world.
You can’t love God if you don’t love yourself. You can’t have faith in God if you don’t have faith in yourself. You can’t love others and you can’t have faith in others….
….if you don’t have love and faith in yourself!
I bought some Greek yogurt the other day. Every once in a while I like to buy a half dozen little containers of the fancier brand. Most of the time I purchase one big bucket of vanilla, but this week I grabbed a bunch of different flavors.
I’m a real stickler for expiration dates when I’m at the grocery store. I always reach to the back of the shelf and grab the later dates.
However…. I let one slip past me!
This morning I woke up thinking about the strawberry/rhubarb yogurt sitting in the fridge. I went to open it before I started working on today’s Morning Chalkboard.
That son of a bitch expired on 3/31. It’s not Mariano’s fault that I bought a bad yogurt. I’m the dumbass that didn’t check.
No yogurt for me this morning!
Then I thought about MY expiration date. That is the number down in the "grabber" section this morning, Thanksgiving day in 2051.
I will be 85 years young. George will be 45, his brother will be 42 and their baby sister will be 38. Perfect time to head on up to heaven and meet all these Angels and Saints.
Unfortunately I don’t have an expiration date stamped on my lid. I gotta keep it fresh as long as I can.
Take a look at that big ass smile on the sun today! Go get yourself some sunshine and be astonished.