Friday, April 5, 2024

April 5th, 2024

 There is a girl that lives on the Indiana side of the Ohio River. Some quant little river town drawn up by Norman Rockwell. She was the main reason that made me cheer for the Indiana State Sycamores last night.

I met her in high school many years ago. She went to college in Terre Haute and she often flaunts her love for her alma mater on Facebook.
I didn’t mention yet that she’s living with cancer right now and a win last night in Hinkle Fieldhouse would have been a great boost.
Unfortunately my high school classmate is going to kick the shit out of Cancer without an Indiana State 2024 NIT Championship t-shirt. She will have to settle with a “I kicked the shit out of cancer in 2024” t-shirt instead.
I’ll take a pink one in XXL when you have them made!
Finally some sun in Chicagoland this week. Let us finish this first week of April with style and grace.
We can also keep supporting each other…. Because that’s what Chalkheads do!