Saturday, October 30, 2021

October 30th, 2021

 I definitely noticed how late the sunlight is taking this morning….

Many of us at Dear Old Cathedral took a class to prepare for the SAT…..Latin and Greek Derivatives.
It helped me for the test, but it also helped me understand David Bowie, Talking Heads, Freddy Mercury and Gordon Sumner as well.
A fifteen year old John Shepley would have changed the “r” to an “n” in a heart beat, but then the definition word would have been “Areola” and not “impermanence.”
im·per·ma·nence (noun)
-the state or fact of lasting for only a limited period of time.
Forty years ago when I first came across this word I looked in a thick dictionary, this morning in her lush British accent Siri told me!
…..and today I’m realizing how limited our time together really is!
Saturday is rugby day out in Lemont, Illinois! Come out and enjoy a playoff match at 1:00pm…… GO BLAZE!!!