Thursday, October 3, 2024

October 3rd, 2024

 “I always feel like somebody's watchin' me”……

That was a line from a one hit wonder in the mid eighties.
I have that feeling though. It isn’t a paranoid feeling, but more of a calm intuition.
Who is watching me?
Dead people!
People who I’ve known that have left for heaven can tune into my life whenever I think about them.
It’s a great way to kick grief to the curb and keep loved ones in your heart.
I think it all started with my parents telling me Santa can see all the dumb shit I was doing, God can see it as well. Then my Grampa died when I was young and he was watching everything that I was doing.
So fuck it!
If you knew me and are in heaven, you can see everything I do…
…and if you want to, you can stand right next to me while I’m doing stupid shit.
Before my Oldman died, he told me he was going to slap my ass the first time he sees me having sex from heaven.
“Moose… I’m going to be very careful not to embarrass the poor girl stupid enough to climb into bed with you, but when I’m in heaven and you’re in the sack having sex…
... I’m going to slap your big ass and let you know I’m watching you.”
So I’m walking around every day with God watching me. I have Santa Claus watching me. My Guardian Angel, Grampa John and his wife are watching me. My mom watches me and my dad is fucking with me.
Not to mention other family members and friends up in heaven watching down over me.
Who has fucking time to grieve the loss of loved ones when they never left?
Four years ago today my Oldman jumped on the Rock Island for heaven. The last thing he muttered to me was…
“You are a magnificent son of bitch…”
Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep. Early the next morning he went to heaven. Later that next afternoon he popped in and let me know that he was settled in.
I don’t mourn death. I don’t grieve loss. I watch what I do and try not to be a jagoff…
… because I have a feeling,somebody’s watching me!
It is going to be a gorgeous Thursday.
Go for a walk and be astonished.
Stop, turn around and catch a glimpse of all the angels walking close behind.
After reading today’s Morning Chalkboard you are going to be like that kid from “The Six Sense.”
I see dead people