Wednesday, October 16, 2024

October 16th, 2024

 Let’s start Wednesday out with a metaphor… the thorn on a rose.

Life is full of risk and challenges. You have to take a chance if you want your goals and dreams to come true.
I helped my Gramma cut roses in her garden when I was a little boy. I took heed to her warning, but the prettier roses seemed to always be at the back of the bushes.
I wanted to give my mommy the prettiest flower, so getting pricked by the thorns was the price I learned to pay.
My mommy loved her bouquet and that was all that mattered.
The path of life isn’t always smooth and has many detours. Most of the time it’s either under construction or covered with snow.
Just like the thorn on a rose, we may encounter pain on the way.
Today is National Liqueur Day. I’m a huge Frangelico guy myself. I also enjoy a nice Grand Marnier. My dad always brought out a bottle of Licor 43 on special occasions.
My fondest memories from childhood was at My Uncle and Aunties' house outside of Indianapolis. Their house favorite was a liqueur that no longer exists, Cheri-Suisse. It came in a milk white bottle with a long neck and a pointy tip that looked like a Swiss chalet.
One Christmas Eve, Uncle Chris handed me a small cordial glass and sternly told me to sip it.
After that initial sip, I chugged the rest and that was when I realized the importance of an after dinner drink.
Be astonished today, grab the rose carefully and enjoy a nice cordial this evening